Share | 

About rider comment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
A.Rabadan

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-01-24

PostSubject: About rider comment   Sat May 08, 2010 1:37 pm

I've seen that the rider comment is used only for doping issues, normally. But I think it could be interesting to add information about great injuries of the rider too, in order to understand better why any rider has a worst year compared with the rest of his career.

For example, if you look Coen Vermeltfoort's profile and you haven't got information about U23 riders you could think: "Wow! Why this young talent has 0 CQ-points in 2009 after an impressive 2008?". So, if there's a comment which says he had been injuried or ill, you understand the reason of his strange CQ-value graphic progression.
Back to top Go down
http://alawalkowiak.wordpress.com/
sammieCQ

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-08-19

PostSubject: Re: About rider comment   Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:55 pm

A.Rabadan wrote:
I've seen that the rider comment is used only for doping issues, normally. But I think it could be interesting to add information about great injuries of the rider too, in order to understand better why any rider has a worst year compared with the rest of his career.

For example, if you look Coen Vermeltfoort's profile and you haven't got information about U23 riders you could think: "Wow! Why this young talent has 0 CQ-points in 2009 after an impressive 2008?". So, if there's a comment which says he had been injuried or ill, you understand the reason of his strange CQ-value graphic progression.

This is indeed a good suggestion but we'll have to assess the feasibility of keeping up with all the major injuries that riders may suffer. It might be sometimes quite arbitrary to judge whether an injury is worth mentioning or not. This is quite different for doping suspensions which are officially communicated.
Back to top Go down

About rider comment
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1