CQranking Info Center
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CQranking Info Center

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UCI World Cup and Pro Tour

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KoRood

Number of posts : 386
Registration date : 2011-05-16

UCI World Cup and Pro Tour Empty
PostSubject: UCI World Cup and Pro Tour   UCI World Cup and Pro Tour EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 11:50 pm

I don't know if I'm allowed to open a new topic, but I don't know where else to put it.

In 2003 and 2004 CQ awards points to the top 10-riders in the final classification of the UCI World Cup. In the years 1999, 2000, 2001 and 2002 CQ didn't. Also the riders in the final rankings of the Pro Tour (from 2005 on) were not awarded with extra CQ-points.

Why is that? It looks a little inconsistent now. In my opinion the World Cup-rankings 2003 and 2004 should be removed from the database. The riders received enough points in the different CDM-races, so I don't see why they should be awarded once more for the final World Cup-ranking. This ranking cannot be compared with a final general classification of a stage race.

What is your opinion?
Back to top Go down
Hans

Number of posts : 4142
Registration date : 2009-08-17

PostSubject: Re: UCI World Cup and Pro Tour   UCI World Cup and Pro Tour EmptyWed May 09, 2012 11:49 am

KoRood wrote:
It looks a little inconsistent now. In my opinion the World Cup-rankings 2003 and 2004 should be removed from the database. The riders received enough points in the different CDM-races, so I don't see why they should be awarded once more for the final World Cup-ranking.
I agree with Ko.
The system used at the time by the UCI was a kind of double dipping where ten riders got a bonus on top of the points they already scored in the different CDM races.
To keep the CQ rankings consistent and comparable between years, you could either add CDM points for the years prior to 2003 and, for the years after 2004, add similar points for the final Pro Tour ranking, or simply delete the CDM bonus points in 2003 and 2004. The latter seems the most logical solution.
Back to top Go down
LeonCQ

Number of posts : 653
Registration date : 2009-03-07

PostSubject: Re: UCI World Cup and Pro Tour   UCI World Cup and Pro Tour EmptyThu May 10, 2012 10:26 pm

We agree with your opinion. In 2005 we needed to make a perfect copy of the UCI ranking of 2004, that's why we awarded points to the World Cup final standings and the u23 World classification. Now we can conclude that it is not really consistent, so we deleted the points for these rankings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UCI World Cup and Pro Tour   UCI World Cup and Pro Tour Empty

Back to top Go down

UCI World Cup and Pro Tour
Page 1 of 1